Water damage: are you covered?

Death_to_stock_photography_Wake_Up_3Water-related claims are on the rise in Ontario and water is now the number one threat to your home.

That’s why it’s important that we ensure you have the coverage you need in the event water enters your home.

Existing coverage for homeowners has evolved with your needs in mind. Many insurance carriers have introduced new features and updated existing language to make it easier to understand your coverage.

Here is a quick overview of some of the coverages available:

Overland Water: this coverage will protect you in the case of damage caused by lake/river overflow, heavy rain, or rapid snowmelt that enters your home from a point at or above ground surface.

Ground Water: this coverage will protect against damages caused by water entering your home suddenly and accidentally through a basement wall, foundation, or floor.

Sewer Back-Up: in the vent water accidentally backs up from the sewer system and enters your home through a sewer, septic system, sump, or drain.

Water and Sewer Lines: coverage may be available to repair or replace water and sewer lines as a result of loss from a leak, break, tear, rupture, or collapse of the line on your property.

There are specific coverage eligibility requirements depending on which carrier holds your home insurance.  Not all coverage is available to every “territory”.

If you would like to speak with us directly about your options or the above changes, please contact us at 613-236-9101 today.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s