March break is one of the most popular times for Canadians to travel. To ensure that your next trip is fun and stress-free, follow these six tips to help avoid travel woes:
- Review the Government of Canada’s travel advice and advisories page.
- Visit a travel clinic or speak with your health care provider six weeks before you leave. Doing so will ensure that you are up to date with your vaccinations and in good health.
- Sign up for the Government of Canada’s Registration of Canadians Abroad service.
- Purchase the best travel insurance you can, as your Ontario health insurance will not protect your in other countries.
- Ensure that your passport is up to date. How to renew your passport.
- Pack a travel health kit. This kit should include basic first-aid items and enough supplies to prevent illness, handle minor injuries, and manage pre-existing medical conditions.
If you are flying, review the Government of Canada’s air travel page for information on what you can bring on the plan. This page also includes information on pre-boarding identification requirements and an explanation of the airport security screening process.
BONUS TIP!!! Our last tip to a fun and stress-free vacation is to RELAX and ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES. It is great to have a pre-planned itinerary of your entire vacation to be sure no experience is missed but it’s important to let your vacation dictate what you do. The weather, an illness, or even an event you weren’t aware of can change your priorities. Don’t force yourself to follow your plan to a ‘T’, rather change your plans to accommodate contingencies!
Happy March Break!! 🌞