There are more than 672,000 registered motorcycles and mopeds in Canada. Though they are a popular transportation option, motorcycles are also dangerous.
In 2015 alone, 200 motorcyclists died as a result of accidents, according to a study by Transport Canada.
To remain safe, motorcyclists should practice the following safety precautions:
- Test drive your motorcycle before you purchase it to ensure that you can properly control it.
- Take a motorcycle safety course.
- Be mindful of the weather and road conditions at all times.
- Wear a helmet and other safety gear.
- Follow posted speed limits.
- Exercise extreme caution when you are carrying passengers.
- Do not drink alcohol before or while operating a motorcycle.
By utilizing the above tips, you can ride with confidence and avoid potentially deadly accidents.